Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Leah Aubrey

Leah Aubrey
Newborn

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day

This year, Mother's Day was bittersweet. I woke up to my sweet little puppy and Jerrod telling her to tell me Happy Mother's Day. Needless to say all she did was come over and lick my face. Before we left for church Jerrod laid a card on the bed. It was a card for the Mommy to be. Very sweet and so thoughtful of him to to that for me. We went to church and then Jerrod went to be with his mom and my mom came over to my house. Usually my mom's side of the family all gets together with my Grandmother. This year was different. Since she was in the rehab facility after her stroke, we had to change our plans. Mom loves Moto's, so we ordered take out and myself, Mom, Ellen and Daddy ate at my house. We had a good time, laughed alot and I gave Mom a picture frame that said "Grandchild." She loved it! My sweet little sister gave me 2 pairs of socks and a Mommy to be card. She thinks the baby is a girl but she knew she had to get a pair for a boy and a pair for a girl. After we took some pictures we went to see my Grandmother. It was really sad that on such a special day she really didn't get to celebrate it like we usually do. After visiting with her, I went home and took a nap. It was awesome! I love taking naps! After I woke up I talked to my mother in law for a while on the phone who also loved her "Grandchild" picture frame that Jerrod brought her. She told me she had gotten me a gift and Jerrod would be bringing it home after work. I opened it the next morning and it was a Willow Tree Angel that was pregnant. It was so sweet and so thoughtful of her to get that for me. I love it!!! I put it on my dresser next to where I keep my wedding rings so I can look at it every morning! It is just so amazing that this time next year I will actually be a Mother.


Ellen, Mom and Me


Mom and Me


Mom and Ellen

My Mother's Day presents



No comments:

Post a Comment