Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Leah Aubrey

Leah Aubrey
Newborn

Friday, October 9, 2009

Our church shower!

Last Sunday our church had a baby shower for me. I have gone to the same church since birth and so many of our ladies have watched me grow up over the last 28 years. My mom's college roommate and dear friend, as my sister and I refer to as "Aunt Jane" was one of the hostesses. Her daughter Marie, who is a lifelong friend of my sisters that was born 11 days after Ellen, also was a hostess. Two other ladies Luanne and Sarah also helped. The shower was fantastic! The ladies put so much thought into every single detail! When I arrived at the church everything was so pretty and personalized to me. Every table had pictures of me as a baby and growing up and also little things from my childhood. There was a coat rack with several of my dresses and bonnets that my Mom made and they had set up blankets and a few other things that ladies in our church had made for me as a baby. There was even a few things of Jerrod's from when he was a baby and pictures of him as well. Everything was so wonderful words cannot describe how much it all meant to me. Below are lots of pictures from the special day!


Pictures of me and sandals that Mom made me as a baby!


The coat rack with my dresses and bonnets


I can't wait for Leah to get to wear the pink dress in this picture!


Jerrod's baby things


Several things the ladies at our church made for me as a baby


Pictures of me!


One of the tables with my pics and brush and comb


Yay for gifts!


Sarah, Luanne, Me, Aunt Jane and Marie


Ellen, Mom, Me, Aunt Chris and Sarah


Proud Aunt, Proud Mom, Proud Gramma




Aunt Debbie, Sarah and Aunt Chris


Ms. Grace, one of my Grandmother's best and dearest friends


Jerrod's Mamaw, Me and Jerrod's Mom


Opening Gifts!

Golden Books!!!

Yay!
Gifts Galore!

Adorable baby book!
Proud Gramma!



Book from my Mom that is very special to us!


Ellen and Marie


Too cute!
So adorable!



I LOVE this! Snowmen are my fav!


Yes, she's already a UT fan!


This was the beginning of some tears...


I was speechless....


Aunt Jane is making Leah a quilt!

Cute baby doll!

Silliness!!!

Story behind this: My Aunt Debbie has these awesome personalized frames made for wedding and baby shower gifts. She had a "mock" one made up because she wanted to wait until Leah got here to put the date of her birth, time, weight and length on it. However, since I found out the baby was a girl, my Uncle Joe has been calling her "Josephine." The paper said, Josephine Leah Tolley! He's such a prankster!


This is me telling everyone the story! LOL!


I love it!


This is the dress, bonnet and booties that I wore home from the hospital. Leah will also be wearing this home! This is by far the most special thing I have gotten so far. It means so much to me that my little girl will wear it! Thank you Mom for saving it and getting it clean- lol!


Pack N Play from the in- laws



No comments:

Post a Comment