Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Leah Aubrey

Leah Aubrey
Newborn

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Here we are at 33 weeks...

So much has happened since my last post!  I know I said I was going to update this baby's progress like I did with Leah but goodness gracious it is quite hard with at 3 year old on your hands!  Baby Boy is doing great!  His name is going to be Grant Brewer Tolley.  We've had many, many doctor appointments to check on the placenta previa & the possible vasa previa that was going to cause me to have to have a C Section.  Grant is gaining weight like crazy and me, well I've lost weight.  I failed my 1 hour glucose test so I had to do the 3 hour test!  Luckily I passed it!  At 25 weeks Grant weighed in at 2lbs 3oz.  At that point I had gained 3lbs.  Leah's birthday came around and I can't believe how big she is getting!  I just have such a hard time imagining that she is actually 3 years old!  We all had colds the middle of December and it snowballed from there.  When we went back to the doctor at 29 weeks Grant was weighing in at 3lbs 10oz.  Christmas came and was wonderful and then the stomach flu set in!!!  I had a doctor's appointment on December 28 & we ended up being sent to Franklin Woods for fluid & medicine because I was so dehydrated.  I felt awful & was so upset that I was going to miss my family's Christmas that night.  Honestly I have no idea what in the world we would've done without my parents & in laws.  They took turns keeping our sweet girl for us so she didn't get it & there's no way either one of us could've cared for her either!  By the time we got home from the hospital & I got in the bed, Jerrod had it.  We both stayed in bed for nearly 36 hours before we even felt okay enough to get up and disinfect the house so Leah could come home.  Then on New Year's morning around 5am I started feeling bad again.  I'd been having contractions for about 2 weeks at this point but they weren't enough to get excited about.  I started having alot of pain so I called my mom to come stay with Leah while Jerrod took me back to the ER.  Let me just say, I've never in my life been to the ER for anything so this was major for me.  They hooked me up to a fetal monitor, gave me another IV for fluids, etc.  Later that afternoon I got to come home.  Still don't really know what was wrong but it might have been a relapse of the stomach flu.  Then that Sunday morning as I was walking to Leah's room she was walking towards me soaked in vomit from head to toe.  She made it a week without getting sick & now it had hit.  Finally by the end of that week we were all better & all the sickness has seemed to have left our house!

Now on to Baby Grant...
Here we are at 33 weeks:
He weighs 5lbs 7oz which is well over the "projected" weight at this time.
He's kicking and moving up a storm all the time & especially between the hours of  7pm to 11pm.
I've only gained 2lbs total since July 5th.
So I've had my mind set of how things were going to happen.  We found out yesterday that all that was gonna be thrown out the window.  During our ultrasound it was discovered that the placenta previa is gone, which means it has moved to where it's supposed to be and there is no vasa previa.  Good news, yes.  Frustration, yes.  We had planned on being scheduled for a C Section at 37 weeks, which I was thrilled about.  Leah came at 37 weeks and was and has been healthy as a horse.  Now all the plans have changed.  Now we're scheduled for a C Section on March 5th which will be 39 weeks!  Any woman who has ever had a child knows that by this point, you're just ready for the baby to come already & I'm way past that point!  I'm super uncomfortable and just ready to meet this little man already!  As far as having the C Section, even tho I could deliver naturally, my doctor is advising me to have a section because of the size of Grant and the fact that I had a pretty bad tear with Leah.  So now we have to wait yet again to see what's going to happen.  Jerrod feels like my water is going to break on its own at 37 weeks &  I'll go into labor (just like I did with Leah) and when we get to the hospital we'll opt for the section.  As I told my doctor yesterday, I can't carry this child for 6-7 more weeks...
His room is ready and I'm ready to see his face!  I just can't wait to see what he's going to look like!

No comments:

Post a Comment